The reason is that you are probably using a second video card outside of the integrated one of your Windows PC or Mac computer. Follow the steps and you’ll be able to use Hue Sync.
- Close Hue Sync by right clicking on the tray icon on your computer and selecting 'Quit'
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on desktop and selecting 'NVIDIA Control Panel'
- On the left side of the screen select 'Manage 3D settings'
- On the center of the screen select the 'Program Settings' tab and then press 'Add' under 'Select a program to optimize'
- Select 'Hue Sync' and press 'Add selected program'
- Under 'Select the preferred graphics processor for this program' select 'Integrated graphics'
- Select 'Apply' and restart Hue Sync