Hue Sync works with content-streaming devices as long as the content is duplicated from a Windows PC or Mac computer on which the Hue Sync app is running or if the device acts as an extended screen of this computer.
To run Hue Sync successfully, you will need:
- Hue Bridge v2 (square-shaped)*
- The latest Philips Hue app**
- The latest Hue Sync app***
- One or more Philips Hue White and color ambiance light(s)
* Hue Sync will not function on Hue Bridge v1 as it requires higher processing speed and capacity.
** To check if you have the latest version of the Hue app, go to Settings to see if “Hue Entertainment” is listed. If it is not, update your app.
*** The Hue Sync app is compatible with Windows 10 and MacOS Sierra/High Sierra and up. This application cannot be used on a mobile device.
Before you can start streaming and syncing your lights, you must first create an Entertainment area in the Philips Hue app. Once you have created an Entertainment area, download and link the Hue Sync app to your Bridge.